Wednesday, December 3, 2008

general update

The facebook McDougalling group is getting somewhere with the movie night. We need to set a date, time, find a location, book it, unless someone can host, and try to get the Skype thing going also. I think it will be fun.

Lately I've been enjoying quick simple meals. I like yams, beans (either pinto or black), and salsa with some cinnamon sprinkled on top. The chili is still good but a little oily. The yam is the longest part of it - peel, chop, nuke. Another yummy combo - the kale salad I love and Dr. McDougall's chicken flavored ramen or noodles. I put the kale in the little cup of noodles. Then I put popcorn on top with cinnamon sprinkles. I think my eating habits are getting stranger by the day but who cares? Tastes good.

I haven't been exercising except riding my bike to work this morning. Oh - last night a guy fixed my bike! Nice guy. I got free lights from the SF bike coalition (and then paid $25 to join them but it's a good cause and I get discounts at Rainbow now) and while I was in line this guy started tinkering with the chains and back tire and fixed it. I was knocked off my bike a few weeks ago and my bike was broken since. Since you had to have your bike to get the lights I had to haul my bike down there on the bus, prety sad. I'm not sure if the gears are all working correctly though - seems the 1st level doesn't want to shift so I'll probably have to get it tuned. Still, I was happy to save the moola.

It's only 7 but I'm really sleepy. Ciao for now.

No comments: