Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cancer Prevention through Nutrition

A Cure for Cancer? Eating a Plant Based Diet

I first learned about the effects of a plant based diet on cancer when I learned about Ruth Heidrich's story through Dr. McDougall's website.

Later, I found PCRM has a free book about the great benefits of a plant based diet and cancer, and I also read The China Study.

And at an airport, I came across a book called Anticancer, which was very interesting. It's about a brain researcher who finds out he has a brain tumor, has surgery and treatment, but it comes back. The second time he learns more about nutrition and stress-relieving techniques, lifestyle change, and treats his cancer that way. It's really an engrossing book.

Dr. McDougall also talks about cancer prevention.

What's interesting is that it's not just that a plant based diet is so beneficial for fighting and preventing cancer (especially all the antioxidants in fruits, berries, veggies, even brown rice etc.) but the dangers and carcinogens in unhealthy foods and lifestyles.

Meat, dairy, cheese, junk food, lack of exercise.. all provide an environment where cancer cells can grow.

It's explained better in the articles and books I mentioned.

When I get a minute I'm going to come bad and add a bunch more links for this post.

No comments: